2 a projective technique using black-and-white pictures; subjects tell a story about each picture [syn: Thematic Apperception Test] v : make lacework by knotting or looping [syn: intertwine] [also: tatting, tatted]
- Rhymes: -æt
Verbto tat (transitive or intransitive)
- to make (something by) tatting
Tat may refer to:
- Tats, an Iranian ethnic group from the Caucasus
- One of the skerries in the Danish archipelago Ertholmene
- Tat, a term, found particularly in England, referring to anything which appears shabby, cheap, and tasteless.
- Tat, slang for a tattoo
- Tat (derived from tatting), often used to refer to academic dress.
- Tat, the name given for the son of Hermes Trismegistus in the Corpus Hermeticum.
- TAT, "South African Eastrand" slang for Teeth
- Tát, a village in Hungary
- Grupo TACA, ICAO airline code, a Central and South American airline
- Poprad-Tatry Airport, IATA airport code
- Tapas Acupressure Technique
- Tetanus antitoxin
- The Astonishing Tribe - a Swedish software company
- Thematic Apperception Test, a projective psychological test
- Total air temperature, in aviation
- Tourist Authority of Thailand
- Trans-Activator of Transcription, a protein used by HIV
- Transatlantic telephone cable, a submarine communications cable that carries telephone traffic under the Atlantic Ocean
- Transcontinental Air Transport, an early airline which later became part of TWA
- TAT (French airline), an abbreviation for Transport Aérien Transrégional, a former French regional airline previously known as Touraine Air Transport.
- Trigonometric Anatomy Transfer, a medical treatment popular in Greater China circa 1689
- Turn Around Time
- Twin-arginine translocation (Tat) pathway, a molecular machinery responsible for exporting proteins in plants and prokaryotes
- Die Tat (English:The Deed or The Action), former monthly publication of politics and culture
- Die Tat, Swiss news paper, linked with a political party l'Alliance des Indépendants and finance by a supermarket, Migros.
- Rat a Tat Cat, a memory game created by Gamewright
- Tat Ali, a volcano located in the Afar Region, Ethiopia
- Tatting (disambiguation)
- Tit for tat, a highly effective strategy in game theory
- TAT! Ice Cream, an orchid flavoured ice cream widely distributed in Istanbul
tat in German: TAT
tat in French: TAT
tat in Italian: TAT
tat in Kölsch: TAT (Watt ėßß datt?)
tat in Russian: TAT